Warner Apartmentsc. 1926, Italianate Rennaissance style - 508-510 Central Ave.
This building is significant as the largest and most elaborate of the buildings constructed in Crescent City's commercial area during the Florida Land Boom years of the 1920s. It was constructed by Carlos H. Preston, who came to Crescent City in 1888 from Illinois. Preston built a large brick store that stands next to this building at 518-520 Central A venue. In 1926 he constructed this combination store and apartment building. The building served as home to a number of businesses during the historic period, including the Oswald and Inman clothing stores, Preston Hardware, and the Thomas Drug Store. The upper story contained five apartments. In 1934 the building was purchased by Stanley Warner and the present hip roof was added. Between 1940 and 1964 the Crescent City Post Office was located there. The building is eligible for listing in the National Register of Historic Places
© 2023 Fruitland Peninsula Historical Society