This Place Matters logo

T. C. Darby House, 124 Central Ave.

c. 1898, Frame Vernacular style

The Thomas C. Darby House possesses significance both for its architecture and association with the residential development of Crescent City during the late 19th century. Darby, a prominent local merchant who operated a general merchandise store, probably built the house soon after he acquired the property in 1898. The Darby family lived there until 1938, when Don and Frances Gustin purchased the house. More recently, the house has been converted to retail space as Nature’s Symphony.


© 2024 Fruitland Peninsula Historical Society, Inc., a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.