This Place Matters logo

Sylvester & Jane Salls House, 212 S. Main St.

c. 1926, Frame Vernacular style

The first documented owners of the house were Sylvester and Jane Salls, who purchase the property from John M. Reynolds, a relative by marriage, in 1927. This one and one-half-story wood frame residential building is located at 212 South Main Street. It is an example of Frame Vernacular architecture. It has a rectangular plan and a gable roof. The exterior walls are clad with stucco and fenestration consists of double-hung sash windows with 2/2 lights. An entrance porch with a gable roof, square post supports and a knee wall extends from the facade. A brick chimney is located on the south elevation and the building sits on a continuous brick foundation.
The building has been altered by a gable addition.


© 2024 Fruitland Peninsula Historical Society, Inc., a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.