This Place Matters logo

Smith-Burr House, 20 N. Park St.

c. 1890, Frame Vernacular style 

This house was constructed about 1890 for Paul C. Smith. A prominent local businessman, Smith also served several terms as town clerk and treasurer in the late 1890s and early 1900s. In 1918 the property was sold to J.H. Ten Eyke Burr who lived there with his family throughout much of the remainder of the historic period. It is significant for its association with the residential development of Crescent City during the town’s early years. Smith was also responsible for the former structure at 425 Central Avenue.


© 2024 Fruitland Peninsula Historical Society, Inc., a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.