This Place Matters logo

Reynolds-Jeal House, 211 S. Main St.

c. 1890, Frame Vernacular style

Architectural evidence based on comparisons with buildings of similar size and design indicates that this house was constructed about 1890. The first documented residents were John M. and Betty Reynolds who lived there for about three years after their marriage in 1914. John Reynolds operated a barber shop on Central Avenue and was very active in the town’s administration. He served on the Board of Alderman from 1920 to 1923, as marshall in 1925, as town clerk in 1927 and 1936 to 1938, and was elected mayor for the years 1939 to 1941. The house later served as the long-time residence of Ernest Jeal.


© 2024 Fruitland Peninsula Historical Society, Inc., a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.