This Place Matters logo

O. Mitchell Newbold House, 109 N. Prospect St.

c. 1908, Frame Vernacular style

This building was probably constructed soon after the property on which it sits was purchased by 0. Mitchell and Mary F. Newbold in 1908. Mitchell Newbold owned a bakery in Crescent City. After his death in the 1920s, Mary remarried and deeded the house to her daughters Mary Virginia and Cora Mitchell Newbold in 1930. In 1946 George C. Miller, a prominent realtor and former steamboat captain, purchased the property from the Newbolds.


© 2024 Fruitland Peninsula Historical Society, Inc., a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.