This Place Matters logo

John M. Klinger House, 133 Central Ave.

c. 1890, Frame Vernacular style

The John M. Klinger House was constructed about 1890. Klinger, a long-time summer resident, traded the property in 1931 to Max Goodman of Cleveland, Ohio. Goodman renovated the building and subdivided it into two apartments. During the 1930s the property changed hands numerous times. In 1936 the building was acquired by Don and Margaret Kelly, who lived there throughout the remainder of the historic period. The building possesses significance both for its associations with the early residential development of the city and its architecture.


© 2024 Fruitland Peninsula Historical Society, Inc., a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.