This Place Matters logo

John & Betty Reynolds House, 218 S. Main St.

c. 1917, Frame Vernacular style 

This house was built about 1917 for John M. and Betty Reynolds. After their marriage in 1914, the couple lived briefly at the home located at 211 South Main Street before this house was constructed. John Reynolds operated a barber shop on Central Avenue and was very active in the town’s administration. He served on the Board of Alderman from 1920 to 1923, as marshal in 1925, as town clerk in 1927 and 1936 to 1938, and was elected mayor for the years 1939 to 1941. The house remained in the Reynolds family until 2022. It was then purchased by Dan Dodge, who is currently restoring this historic property.


© 2024 Fruitland Peninsula Historical Society, Inc., a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.