This Place Matters logo

George & Haddie Hillman House, 302 Palmetto Ave.

c. 1922, Frame Vernacular style

This building was probably constructed soon after the property on which it sits was purchased by Haddie and George Hillman in 1922. The building remained in the Hillman family throughout the remainder of the historic period. It is an example of Frame Vernacular architecture. It has an L-shaped plan formed by the intersection of a gable roof main unit and a gable extension. The exterior wall fabric is clapboard and fenestration consists of double-hung sash windows with 1/1 lights. The house was purchased recently and is undergoing renovation.


© 2024 Fruitland Peninsula Historical Society, Inc., a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.