This Place Matters logo

George & Blannie Neal House, 408 Orange Ave.

c. 1913, Frame Vernacular style

This house was constructed in 1913 by Leonard Eaton, Crescent City’s most prominent builder for George and Blannie Neal. Neal, a citrus grower, designed the house. The couple lived in the house until their deaths in 1929. In 1931 the house was moved from its original site on South Summit Street to this lot to make room for the Cities Service Station. It was used as a rental property during the 1930s and 1940s. In 1953 George and Margary Neal Nelson moved into the house and lived in it for over 50 years until their deaths. It was then inherited by their son, Sam Nelson, who currently occupies it.


© 2024 Fruitland Peninsula Historical Society, Inc., a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.