Bethel House Inn, 227 S. Main St.

c. 1910, Frame Vernacular style

The Bethel House Inn was significant for its association with tourism in Crescent City during the early twentieth century. It was built sometime between 1906 and 1910. In the latter year, Emma Bethel acquired the property from Elizabeth Haskell and began operating the inn. When it opened, the Bethel House Inn was one of several boarding houses in Crescent City. There were also four hotels, including Grove Hall, Sprague House, Turner House, and the Southfield. Of those, only the Sprague House survives. The building was demolished by its owners in 2022.

© 2024 Fruitland Peninsula Historical Society, Inc., a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.