Little Blue House Museumc. 1880, Frame Vernacular style - 602 N. Summit St. moved from 403 N. Summit St. in 1999
A brick sidewalk leads to the house built in the 1880’s by William Newbold, a local citrus grower. Constructed for his recently widowed sister, Mary Gallagher, and her children. It was occupied by various people until 1998 on the west side of Summit Street where the U.S. Post Office is now located. The city and the Crescent City Woman’s Club partnered to save the house. With the help of local grants and generous donors, it was moved to its present site and opened as a museum in 2001. In the living room is a portrait of Dr. Guilford Sprague, the first mayor of Crescent City. All the furnishings have been contributed by donors and their names are noted above them.
© 2023 Fruitland Peninsula Historical Society