American Legion Post #326c. 1924, Frame Vernacular style - 222 Central Ave.
This building originally served as a store when it was constructed about 1924. In the early 1930s an addition
was attached to the rear of the building, giving it its present configuration. After World War II, the building served for some time as an office for the Crescent City Courier newspaper. It was later a meeting hall for the local American Legion Post 326. More recently, it has been a daycare and antique store. It is significant for its association to the development of the commercial area of the city during the historic period.
© 2023 Fruitland Peninsula Historical Society