Hubbard House or 'San Sui'c. 1879, Queen Anne and Shingle style - 600 N. Park St.
Bela Hubbard, a wealthy attorney, and lumberman built this house in 1879 as a winter vacation home for the family. It consists of fourteen rooms, a solarium, sunrise porch and large covered plaza extending the entire length of the east and south sides of the home. The U.S. Department of Interior states it is perhaps the finest residence of this period in the State of Florida. The home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The land the house sits on originally extended from Lakeview Ave. on the north, Crescent Lake on the east, Park St. on the west, and Florida Ave. on the south. Mr. Hubbard planted many trees, bushes, and flowers on this land as a botanical paradise. George and Molly Morris, owners of the home, have restored this lovely home to its original beauty, with upgrades to the kitchen and laundry rooms.
© 2023 Fruitland Peninsula Historical Society