Sophia B. Shaw Millinery Shopc. 1890, Frame Vernacular style - 7 S. Park St.
This house was originally constructed about 1890 as an outbuilding to the John M. Klinger House at 133 Central Avenue. During the latter part of the historic period, it was known as the Sophia B. Shaw Millinery Shop. It is locally significant for its association with the residential development of Crescent City during the town's early years of development. This two-story wood frame residential building. It is an example of Frame Vernacular architecture. It has an irregular plan consisting of a gable roof main unit and gable and shed extensions. The exterior wall fabric is wood drop siding and fenestration consists of double-hung sash windows with 2/2 lights. A tiered porch with a shed roof, square post supports and a balustrade extends from the facade. A brick chimney is located on the north elevation and the building sits on a brick pier foundation. Ornamental features include decorative spindle brackets on the porch.
© 2022 Fruitland Peninsula Historical Society