William & Clara Goldy Housec. 1926, Frame Vernacular style - 408 N. Prospect St.
This building first appears on the 1926 Sanborn Fire Insurance map, the first such map prepared for Crescent City. Architectural evidence based on comparisons with buildings of similar size and design indicates that the building was constructed about 1926. The first documented owners of the house were William and Clara Goldy. The house is an example of Frame Vernacular architecture. It has an L-shaped plan and a gable roof. The exterior walls are clad with stucco and fenestration consists of double-hung sash windows with 1/1 lights. An entrance porch with a gable roof, square post supports and a knee wall extends from the facade. A brick chimney is located on the north elevation and the building sits on a continuous concrete foundation.
© 2023 Fruitland Peninsula Historical Society