Eva Lyon Parkc. 1918, 100 S. Summit St.
Eva Lyon Park was established in 1918 on a four-acre block of land bounded by Cypress Avenue, South Summit Street, Myrtle Avenue, and South Main Street. The outer edges of the park are lined with green-leaf hedges. Large over-hanging oak trees dot the park and provide shade for several picnic areas. Concrete walks, lined with flowering shrubs, lead from each corner of the park to an octagonal gazebo in the center. A wood frame storage building that was originally constructed as an open-air pavilion is located northwest of the gazebo. The land for the park was donated by Charles and Cornelia Lyon and named for their daughter Eva.
© 2023 Fruitland Peninsula Historical Society