Mary & G.J. Braddock Housec. 1905, Frame Vernacular style - 217 N. Summit St.
This one and one-half-story wood frame residential building was located at 217 North Summit Street. It was an example of Frame Vernacular architecture. It had an irregular plan consisting of a gable roof main unit and a shed extension. A shed dormer pierced the front slope of the roof. Fenestration consisted of double-hung sash windows with 6/6 lights. A brick chimney was located on the north elevation and the building sat on a brick pier foundation. This building was probably constructed soon after the property on which it sits was purchased by Mary E. and G.J. Braddock in 1905. In the late 1920s C.P. Hale was listed in the local tax records as owner of the property. More recently, the property has changed hands several times and was even used as a clothing store. The building was completely destroyed by a fire in 2005. The land was purchased by the neighboring Church of the Holy Comforter in 2022.
© 2023 Fruitland Peninsula Historical Society